Refugees from Syria, which has been torn apart by a five-year-old civil war that has left over 200,000 people dead and millions more displaced, account for half of all those counted, followed by refugees from two other war-torn countries, Afghanistan and Iraq.
China becomes the first middle-income country to join the ranks of the world's 25 most-innovative economies, according to the Global Innovation Index (GII) released last Monday.
Among the major U.S. airlines, US Airways had the best holiday on-time performance, coming in fifth with 15.57 percent of its flights arriving late during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Meanwhile, American Airlines, with which US Airways plans to merge, was the fourth worst, with 19.7 percent of flights arriving late, according to FlightAware.
China's booming cyberstar economy has gone through three stages -- the first based on text, then text and images, and now video thanks to the availability of broadband networks.
《傲骨贤妻》(The Good Wife)：艾丽西娅(Alicia)的秘密暧昧对象威尔（Will，乔希·查尔斯[Josh Charles]饰）在第五季末死去，CBS频道的这部性感法庭剧似乎要完蛋了，但是第六季却似乎充满了疯狂的能量——艾丽西娅初露头角的政治竞选、新旧公司的权力之争、合伙人卡里(Cary)的棘手法律事务。艾丽西娅不再那么完美，《傲骨贤妻》因此更好看了。
The paperpot transplanter allows a single person to transplant 264 plants covering over 85ft in just minutes. What used to take hours, now takes minutes. Allowing you to spend less time transplanting crops, and more time doing other things like farm improvements, marketing, sales, or just taking some time off.
- Bagehot, Walter. Lombard Street. 1873. Vol. 5 in The Works of Walter Bagehot, edited by R.H. Hutton and Forrest Morgan. Hartford: Traveler’s Insurance, 1889. Google Scholar
- Best, Geoffrey. Mid-Victorian Britain 1851–1875. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1971.Google Scholar
- Collini, Stefan. Public Moralists: Political Thought and Intellectual Life in Britain 1850–1930. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Davis, David Brion. The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Revolution, 1770–1823. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- Gagnier, Regenia. The Insatiability of Human Wants: Economics and Aesthetics in Market Society. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- Gallagher, Catherine. The Body Economic: Life, Death, and Sensation in Political Economy and the Victorian Novel. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2006.Google Scholar
- Gleadle, Kathryn. British Women in the Nineteenth Century. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2001.Google Scholar
- Gooch, Joshua. The Victorian Novel, Service Work, and the Nineteenth-Century Economy. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.Google Scholar
- Grossberg, Lawrence. Cultural Studies in the Future Tense. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2010.Google Scholar
- Holloway, Gerry. Women and Work in Britain Since 1840. London: Routledge, 2005.Google Scholar
- Kornbluh, Anna. Realizing Capital: Financial and Psychic Economies in Victorian Form. New York: Fordham University Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- Piketty, Thomas. Capital in the Twenty-First Century, translated by Arthur Goldhammer. Cambridge, Mass: Belknap Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- Poovey, Mary. Introduction. The Financial System in Nineteenth Century Britain, 12–19. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.Google Scholar
- ———. Genres of the Credit Economy: Mediating Value in Eighteenth and Nineteenth-Century Britain. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2008.Google Scholar